Football Restart IMPORTANT NOTICES for all WJFC Club Members, April 2021 –
Dear Club member, We are sure you are aware but we are pleased to advise that as of 29th of March 2021, the grassroots football community had the opportunity to return to football to finish this football season!
- Our Junior and Adult League Teams are re-starting training & fixtures from week commencing 5th April at various venues and times (check details with team coaches)
- Saturday Morning Development Training Sessions (Little Welland) will recommence on the 10th April at Spitalfields, 9am-10.30am through to the end of May
- Wildcats Girls Football Center & U9s Girls Training sessions will restart on 15th April at Dyson Perrins 3G pitch, 6,30pm-7.30pm
Again, club volunteers have been working hard over recent weeks to update our provision with Government and FA guidelines:
https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/mar/24/fa-guidance-for-return-to-grassroots-football-20210324 with the necessary modifications to mitigate the transmission risk of COVID-19. We continue to work with our appointed ‘Club Covid19 Officer’ (Jodie Williams) plus provide top-up resources for each team with the correct equipment to safely recommence training and fixtures across the Club.
!It is VERY important all club members fully read and understand the below measures, which must be in place and adhered to for us to re-start football. This is not only to help manage sessions safely but so the club is demonstrating ALL TEAMS have done their up-most to abide by the guidelines with a unified approach. Spot checks are being undertaken by the County FA to ensure clubs are ‘covid compliant’ and leagues have also been requesting updated information regarding risk assessments.
Travel, QR Codes, Social Distancing & Spectators (Parents/Guardians)
- Lift sharing is not encouraged between households or outside of support bubbles to training and fixtures as per Gov guidelines.
- QR codes will remain in place at ALL our training and match day venues as per Government and FA guidelines. We will make our QR codes are attached and will be accessible on our Club website for coaches and parent helpers to print extras if needed.
- ALL teams should ensure someone (ideally a parent helper) is responsible at your venues for ensuring everyone uses the QR codes OR takes a weekly record for track and trace purposes of EVERYONE in attendance (spectators, opposition & referees) at ALL training and fixtures, please!
- Club officials and coaches are required to ask ALL spectators, match officials and opposing teams to please use our QR codes for track and trace purposes
- Spectators (1 per child) must safely socially distance and be reminded of the ‘rule of 6’ plus maintaining 2m distancing at all time at our venues – pitchside, accessing toilets and car parks.
- One-way systems will not be enforced at our venues, as following risk assessments we feel there is adequate space at our venues for spectators to socially distance and be respectful of people’s space
- Spectators are not allowed at grassroots football as part of step one of the Government’s roadmap HOWEVER, 1 x parent/designated guardian per child (under 18) is permitted and will be required in case of a medical emergency or to administer basic first aid treatment (please see below in First Aid section)
- 1 x parent/guardian MUST be present at ALL TIMES during training and match day fixtures, please! If they are responsible for a sibling or another child they are able to join the parent/guardian at the sessions in the case of lack of other child-care options.
- Players and parents/guardians should please only arrive a the designated time slot for training sessions (please do not arrive early!) and fixtures and please leave promptly at the end to avoid congestion at our venues and keep numbers as low as possible with Coaches, ensuring that no players are left unattended or alone at any point.
Player Equipment & First Aid
- Should first aid be required parents/designated guardian MUST please attend to their own child thus avoiding any unnecessary contact from outside the family unit/bubble. This is to help safeguard players but also our own volunteer coaches
- Any medication which a player requires must be kept in their own labelled clear tupper-wear box (or similar) in a visible area by the kit OR with present parent/carer who should be in the training vicinity
- All players must bring their own pre-filled drinks bottle and not be encouraged to ‘share’ in any circumstance
- Sharing of any equipment MUST be avoided and strong hand hygiene practices should be in place before and after each training session
- Where possible each player has their ‘own’ football to use during the full practice – provided by coaches and training bibs should not be shared or swapped during the session
- ALL first aid kits must be checked and restocked including sanitizing and PPE in the case of an emergency of a coach needing to administer 1st aid treatment
Cleaning & Sanitizing
Hand sanitiser will be provided at a specified ‘station’ at each of our training venues as well as All equipment should be wiped down prior/after each training session by coaches and club officials – antibacterial wipes will be provided for each team Club officials and coaches should ensure cleaning at all facilities, including door handles and toilets used for training and Home fixtures are undertaking prior to and after sessions Changing Rooms & Toilets
- As per FA Guidelines, our changing rooms at all venues will NOT be accessible for use
- Designated toilets will be available and will be checked/cleaned as regularly as possible
- When entering buildings to use toilet facilities adults and those over the age of 16 should please wear a face mask
- Children should be accompanied by their own parent or designated guardian to the toilets but not in groups
Refreshments & Club Registration
- Refreshments will be on sale at Spitalfields for Saturday Morning Development Training sessions – via the Pavilion Kitchen service window as normal
- We ask that people do not congregate around the service area and maintain social distancing at all times
- It would be very helpful to the ladies in the kitchen if the correct money/smaller change could be brought to minimise handling and passing money
- All club officials in the kitchen will continue wearing face masks and PPE when preparing the food
- Any NEW players to Saturday Morning Development Training Sessions should report to the front of the pavilion building and ask for Pete (our Club Chairman) however again please be mindful not to congregate around the building in large groups and be patient
- If arriving late to the training for any reasons please can parents/guardian ensure they utilise QR codes to check-in and also advise team coaches of arrival for their player registers, which supports our own club track and trace system
FA Guides & Club Covid Risk Assessments
Safeguarding & Contacts
- Re-starting football is NOT compulsory if any parent, player or coach feels uncomfortable with the re-start and the club will fully support any decisions made based on this. We just ask for communication to confirm if any players, parents or coaches are not returning for any reason.
- Player parents/guardians MUST remain at the training venue, but no one other than players, coaches and volunteers are allowed to enter the training/match pitch unless a player requires first aid treatment, medical attention or there is a safeguarding issue.
- The above guidelines are in place to ensure we are adhering to Government and FA guidelines, therefore please remain respectful if requested or instructed by a Club official to complete QR codes for track and trace, use face masks and sanitising equipment alongside the other requirements mentioned above. We MUST create a safe environment for ALL club members whether they are volunteer coaches or team parent helpers, players or spectator parents/guardians. If there are any concerns or questions, please use the contact below:
! Any questions regarding Safeguarding or Inclusion please speak to one of our Club Welfare Officers:
Sally – email@example.com / 07949239500
Dianne – firstname.lastname@example.org / 07890527307
Any questions regarding Covid Guidelines please speak with our Club ‘Covid Officer’:
Jodie – 07795251417
We greatly appreciate everyone’s support to ensure the safety and sustainability of our club over what has been a very difficult year in various ways for many. We recognise and acknowledge that the above requirements are a lot to ask of Parents/Guardians but also the Club volunteers managing the various teams. However, we do hope that over these past few months the extensive volunteer hours and extra work completed by Club officials and Committee will be rewarded by seeing all those connected to the club, most importantly the players, ‘back in action on the pitches’ enjoying football in the safest environment we can offer to finish this football season.
Welland Junior FC Committee
QR CODES & DOWNLOADS